by Pastor Koth
There are a number of special events that take place this month. Please note the CHANGES IN WORSHIP TIME ON OCTOBER 9TH AND 23RD! Let me highlight these important events in chronological order:
- October 5th, 7:00-8:30 p.m.: the first of three open forums on our building project will be held. At each of these Wednesday evening forums (October 5, 12, 19), discussions will be held on the proposed building expansion. Members of the planning team will be there, as well as representatives from the architectural firm of “Partners In Design” to answer your questions. Please come to these meetings for information and input.
- October 8th: new member orientation. 9:30-12:30 p.m. If you are interested in becoming a member of St. Mark’s or would just like to know more information about our church, pre-register at 847-623-5135.
- October 9th: there will be ONE worship service at 10:00 a.m. Bishop Wayne Miller of the Metropolitan Chicago Synod will be our guest for worship and lunch.
- October 10-12th: Pastor Koth will be attending a conference focused on “Youth and Family Ministry” sponsored by the Metropolitan Chicago Synod.
- October 11th: “Life Line Screening” will be at St. Mark’s conducting screenings for aneurysm and vascular diseases. Call 877-792-8480 to make an appointment.
- October 15-16: Pulla Bread Sale. St. Mark’s is blessed with master bread makers. Volunteers to help are welcome. All proceeds from this annual bread sale will be divided between PADS and COOL.
Extraordinary things are happening this month that reflect an extraordinary commitment to ministry from our various ministry teams. If you aren’t involved, get involved. You will be blessed!