Meeting Date: 3rd Monday of each month in from 7:00pm to 8:00pm
Where: Testify Room in Sunday School Wing at St. Mark’s
We provide hand-made items, made with love and a prayer in each stitch, to bring comfort and warmth to those in need. Not only do we share patterns, but we teach and encourage others to knit and/or crochet. Yarn forms the stitches that forge friendships.
- Chemo caps are distributed to local cancer treatment centers;
- Preemie/baby caps are given to Vista Health Care Center in Waukegan;
- Lap robes, prayer shawls and bereavement shawls are provided to persons in need of a warm, calming embrace;
- Hat/scarf sets and a Christmas Stocking are given to LSSI Children at Christmas
- Donate themed baskets with at least one hand-made item to the Silent Auction at Waukegan to College’s Oktoberfest;
- Partnering with our Social Ministry Team, provide bookmarks to Aunt Mary’s Storybook Project for children of incarcerated mothers;
- Baby items are sent to nurture the newborns and their young mothers on the Lakota Indiana Reservation in North Dakota.
- Hats and scarves go to Caring For Kids Clothing Drive;
- Hats, scarves, afghans, baby items support the East Zion School’s Christmas Student Auction
Our group illustrates the “God’s Work – Our Lutheran Hands” motto. From our knitting needles, crochet hooks and yarn come beautiful handmade items which wrap people in God’s everlasting love. We welcome new members and have all the supplies available to start a project.
“For the needy will not be forgotten forever, the hopes of the poor will not always be crushed.”